- WORKING WOMAN, directed by Michal Aviad, Israel
- THE BEST OF DORIEN B., directed by Anke Blonde, Belgium
- TRANSNISTRA, directed by Anna Eborn, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium
- THE FATHER, directed by Kristina Grozeva and Petar Valchanov, Bulgaria, Greece
- TEHRAN: CITY OF LOVE, directed by Ali Jaberansari, Iran, UK & The Netherlands
- MONSTERS., directed by Marius Olteanu, Romania
ANONIMUL 16 PROGRAM
ANONIMUL 16 FEATURE FILM COMPETITION
ROMANIAN SHORT FILM COMPETITION
- WASHINGTON, directed by Gabriel Achim
- CHRONOCHINESIA OR THE CASE OF THE YOUNG TIME HOPPER | CRONOCHINEZIA SAU CAZUL TÂNĂRULUI SĂRITOR ÎN TIMP, directed by Radu Bărbulescu
- THE CALL | TELEFONUL, directed by Anca Damian
- THE BED OF PROCRUSTES | PATUL LUI PROCUST, directed by Andrian Împărăţel
- EQUALLY RED AND BLUE | ALBASTRU ȘI ROȘU ÎN PROPORȚII EGALE, directed by Georgiana Moldoveanu
- CEVA, directed by Paul Mureşan
- THE TROPHY OF YOUTH | TROFEUL TINEREȚII, directed by Răzvan Oprescu
- MONSTER | MONSTRUL, directed by Laura Pop
- MISS SUENO, directed by Radu Potcoavă
- THE AFGHANISTANS | AFGANISTANII, directed by Adrian Silişteanu
- UNKNOWN | NECUNOSCUȚI, directed by Ioachim Stroe
- THE LAST TRIP TO THE SEASIDE | ULTIMUL DRUM SPRE MARE, directed by Adi Voicu
INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM COMPETITION
- THE SUMMER AND ALL THE REST | L’ÉTÉ ET TOUT LE RESTE, directed by Sven Bresser, The Netherlands
- PORNSTAR, directed by Maxime Caperan and Thomas Finkielkraut, France
- COMMUNITY GARDENS | KOLEKTYVINIAI SODAI, directed by Vytautas Katkus, Lithuania
- SCLERODERMA DOMESTICUS, directed by Mattia Lunardi, Italy
- THE IMMINENT IMMANENT | BAGA’T DIRI TUHAY TA’T PAMAHUNGPAHUNG, directed by Carlo Francisco Manatad, Philippines- Singapore- Italy
- THE BEAST | LA BÊTE, directed by Filippo Meneghetti, France
- AS UP TO NOW | AHOGY EDDIG, directed by Katalin Moldovai, Hungary
- IN OUR SINAGOGUE | У нашій синагозі, directed by Ivan Orlenko, Ukraine-France
- PIGGY | CERDITA, directed by Carlota Pereda, Spain
- COLAHOLIC, directed by Marcin Podolec, Poland
- THE ROLE, directed by Farnoosh Samadi, Iran, Italy
- MOTH, directed by Shu Zhu, U.S.A.
ANONIMUL 15 AWARDS
The ANONIMUL 15 Closing Gala took place Saturday, August 11th. The audience awarded the following:
For the Short Film Competition:
The Audience Award for Best International Short went to the film RETOUCH, directed by Kaveh Mazaheri (Iran).
The Audience Award for Best Romanian Short to film TOTUL E FOARTE DEPARTE/ EVERYTHING IS FAR AWAY, directed by Emanuel Pârvu.
The Ovidiu Bose Paștină Award, offered by the Anonimul Foundation, went to the film MADRE/ MOTHER, directed by Rodrigo Sorogoyen (Spain).
For the Feature Film Competition, the 2018 ANONIMUL Trophy went to UNDER THE TREE, directed by Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurðsson (Iceland- Denmark). The Trophy was awarded in director Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurðsson’s presence.
KAZAKH DIRECTOR EMIR BAIGAZIN AWARDED WITH THE ANONIMUL TROPHY FOR HIS CONTRIBUTION TO THE BEAUTY OF WORLD CINEMA
Director Emir Baigazin was awarded with the ANONIMUL Trophy for his contribution to the beauty of world cinema Friday, August 10th, within the 15th edition of ANONIMUL International Independent Film Festival.
EMIR BAIGAZIN, WINNER OF THE SILVER BEAR FOR AN OUTSTANDING ARTISTIC CONTRIBUTION AT BERLINALE 2013 AND RECENTLY ANNOUNCED IN THE ORIZZONTI COMPETITION AT VENICE 2018, IS THE HONORARY GUEST OF THE 15th ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF ANONIMUL IIFF
Emir Baigazin’s most recent film, THE RIVER, will have its world premiere at Venice International Film Festival in the Orizzonti Competition, just a few weeks after the director’s presence at ANONIMUL 15. The film was announced in the Orizzonti Competition July 25th, within the press conference held by the President of Biennale di Venezia, Paolo Baratta and the Director of the Cinema Department, Alberto Barbera.
Emir Baigazin made his debut with HARMONY LESSONS, which premiered in the Official Competition at Berlin International Film Festival in 2013, where it was awarded The Silver Bear for an Outstanding Artistic Contribution- Aziz Zhambakiyev for the camera. The Silver Bear was awarded by a Jury presided by director Wong Kar-wai the very same year when Călin Peter Netzer’s Poziția copilului won The Golden Bear. HARMONY LESSONS was also included that same year in the ANONIMUL 10 Competition by Festival Selector Ludmila Cvikova and it ranked second in the preferences of the audience voting in Sfântu Gheorghe.
“I DO NOT CARE IF WE GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS BARBARIANS”, DIRECTED BY
RADU JUDE, IN A PREVIEW SCREENING IN ROMANIA AT ANONIMUL 15
ANONIMUL International Independent Film Festival presents an extended program of Romanian films, either in previews screenings in Romania or films already released in cinemas across the country.
ANONIMUL 15 will run 6th to 12th August in Sfântu Gheorghe, the Danube Delta.
“I DO NOT CARE IF WE GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS BARBARIANS”, directed by Radu Jude, will be presented in a preview screening in Romania at ANONIMUL 15. With Ioana Iacob, Alexandru Dabija, Alex Bogdan, Ilinca Manolache, Şerban Pavlu and Claudia Iremia, the film tells the story of a young artist planning to reconstruct a historical event for a public performance. The film premiered in the Official Competition at Karlovy Vary International Film Festival and won The Grand Prize-The Crystal Globe, being the first Romanian film to win this award in the history of the 53 editions of the festival. The film will be released in cinemas September 28th 2018.
FEATURE FILM COMPETITION
Directed by: Ali Asgari
Directed by: Ilian Metev
Directed by: Filipa Reis & João Miller Guerra
Directed by: Shireen Seno
UNDER THE TREE
Directed by: Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurðsson
THE SECRET OF HAPPINESS
Directed by: Vlad Zamfirescu
ROMANIAN SHORT FILM COMPETITION
Directed by: Alex Baciu & Maria Popistașu
Directed by: Cristian Bota
Directed by: Anghel Damian
Directed by: Andrei Inizian
INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM COMPETITION
THE KNIFE SALESMAN
Directed by: Jamie Helmer & Michael Leonard
Directed by: Rossella Inglese
J’MANGE FROID/ I’M COLD MEAT
Directed by: Romain Laguna
AJOTUNTI/ DRIVING LESSON
Directed by: Jarno Lindemark
6th- 12th August 2018, Sfântu Gheorghe, Danube Delta
ANONIMUL International Independent Film Festival is one of the most important cultural events taking place in Romania, at its 15th edition this year.
ANONIMUL International Independent Film Festival runs annually in August in Sfântu Gheorghe, the Danube Delta and has welcomed renowned guests over the years- Cannes awarded directors, who held masterclasses and shared their ideas with the audience: Istvan Szabo, Park Chan-wook, Peter Greenaway, Ken Loach, Krzysztof Zanussi, Nuri Bilge Ceylan, Michel Franco, or Oscar nominated producer, Matthew Cooke.
The 17th edition of ANONIMUL International Independent Film Festival will take place from 12th to 16th August 2020 in Sfântu Gheorghe, the Danube Delta.
The awards for the feature and short competition are voted by the audience.