The 15th edition of the ANONIMUL International Independent Film Festival will run 6th to 12th August in Sfântu Gheorghe, the Danube Delta, Romania.
The Festival is an annual event, competitive, non-specialized, organized by the Anonimul Foundation.
The Festival has two competitive sections:
1. Feature Film Competition
2. Short Film Competition
There is no submission fee.
The audience will award the prizes by vote only.
International Panorama- feature films awarded in Film Festivals that year, homages, retrospectives.
The Actors behind Camera section.
The Romanian OFF section featuring screenings of Romanian recent feature and short films.
Special screenings on ecology & global issues & special programs.
Question and answer sessions with representatives of films screened within the Festival, public debates with film crews, film critics & guests.
General conditions – Feature Film Competition:
1. 6 films will be presented within the Feature Film Competition, put forward by Festival selector Ludmila Cvikova.
*there is no open submission process for this section.
2. Only feature films produced after January 1st 2017 will enter the selection.
3. Each feature film will have one representative present at the Festival, with all related costs covered by the Anonimul Foundation.
4. The screening order of the films is decided by the Festival.
5. A film that is included in the Festival Competition cannot be withdrawn afterwards.
6. The Festival has the right to screen the films in the Competition three times during the Festival- 2 screenings in the Competition and one possible screening, if the film is awarded the ANONIMUL Trophy on Saturday, August 11th.
7. The Festival has the right to use parts of the films in the Competition for promotion (maximum 3’).
8. The films could be screened, with the approval of the distributor/ producer, within the ANONIMUL Retrospective, organized in Bucharest- an event targeting film critics, journalists and representatives of the film industry who could not be present in Sfântu Gheorghe for the Festival.
The screening material will be sent together with a pro-forma invoice with the following mentions:
• No commercial value. For cultural purpose only.
• The value on the invoice should not exceed 10 Euro.
• Films sent by air cargo will not be accepted
due to custom procedure difficulties. Similarly, films sent with a value exceeding 10 Euro or without being prepaid by the contributor will not be accepted.
Returning the screening material:
• The Festival covers the expenses for returning the screening material to the address specified by the participant.
• The screening material will be returned by September 20th 2018.
*The Festival covers the insurance of the screening material during its stay in Romania.
General conditions- Short Film Competition:
1. Short films– fiction/ animation- will enter the final competition based on a selection put forward by film critic Ionuț Mareș.
2. Submissions for selection within the ANONIMUL Short Film Competition are open March 20th to May 20th 2018.
3. Only films that meet the following conditions will be accepted for selection:
a. the film is produced after January 1st 2017;
b. the film does not exceed 20 minutes in length;
c. the film is subtitled in English, unless the dialogue is in English.
4. All entries for fiction and animation short films will go through the selection process, unless a special waiver was granted by the Festival.
5. The screening of selected films will be made from either DCP or HD files, complying with the technical specifications issued by the Festival.
6. The Festival invites 1 representative of each film included in the competition (director/ producer/ writer/ actor) to ANONIMUL, in Sfântu Gheorghe for 3 days, with costs related to accommodation in Romania covered by the Festival.
7. For submitting the film for the ANONIMUL Short Film Competition, the following materials need to be sent via e-mail, at email@example.com by May 20th 2018:
• The filled-in entry form
• An online viewing link for the film
• The dialogue list
• A still from the film
The short films selected for the ANONIMUL Short Film Competition will be announced by June 10th 2018, while the screening material should reach the Festival by July 14th 2018 at the very latest. If the screening material is not sent in due time, the film will be replaced.
1. The screening order of the films is decided by the Festival.
2. A submitted film that is included in the Festival Competition cannot be withdrawn afterwards.
3. The Festival has the right to screen the films in the Competition four times during the Festival.
4. The Festival has the right to use parts of the films in the Competition for promotion (maximum 3’).
5. The films in the Short Fiction and Animation Competition will be screened within the ANONIMUL Retrospective, organized in September in Bucharest- an event targeting film critics, journalists and representatives of the film industry who could not be present in Sfântu Gheorghe for the Festival.
The audience will award the following by vote:
BEST FEATURE EUR 3,000 + ANONIMUL Trophy
BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT EUR 1,000
BEST ROMANIAN SHORT EUR 1,000
THE OVIDIU BOSE PAŞTINĂ AWARD, of EUR 1,000, offered by the Anonimul Foundation.
The prizes will be awarded to their respective producers- natural or legal persons.
Sending a signed entry form to ANONIMUL International Independent Film Festival by e-mail implies the agreement of the contributor to the Festival regulations for the 2018 edition.